How much does a LiftMaster garage door opener cost? LiftMaster garage door opener prices range from about $200 – $600, with an average price at $375 for the most popular chain drive and belt drive models. Installation is extra – an average of about $280.
You can always spend more! The prices we provide are the range for the low/average prices you will find at home improvement stores and reliable online sellers like Amazon and Wal-Mart. There are always sellers with prices well above the norm or average. You can compare LiftMaster prices with other brands by looking at our garage door opener prices page.
LiftMaster carries a full line of belt and chain drive garage door openers plus two wall-mount direct drive models. LiftMaster garage door openers are available with AC motors from ½ horsepower (HP) to 1 ¼ HP. DC motors are used on many models too, and rather than being rated by horsepower, they are rated by lifting power – usually 400 to 800 lbs.
|Chamberlain Liftmaster Garage Door Opener Prices & Costs|
|Type & Models||Opener Cost||Installed Cost||Warranties|
|Chain Drive – 11||$200 – $400||$350 – $825||
Lifetime motor; 5-year chain/parts
|Belt Drive – 7||$300 – $600||$450 – $1,000||
Lifetime motor and belt; 5-year parts
|Wall Mount – 2||$500 – $650||$650 – $1,150||
Lifetime motor; 5-year chain/parts
This article will provide you with complete LiftMaster garage door opener prices plus features for the various lines.
LiftMaster Chain Drive Garage Door Opener Cost
LiftMaster chain-drive garage door opener cost starts at about $200. Most are in the range of $250-$475, and the most expensive models top $600 for the unit.
|LiftMaster Chain Drive Garage Door Openers
|Model Number||Description & Features|
|87802||Heavy Duty Chain Drive Smart Opener with LED Corner to Corner Lighting™ and Battery Backup|
|84602||Smart Opener with Dual LED Lighting and Battery Backup|
|8160WB||DC Battery Backup Chain Drive Wi-Fi|
|8587W||¾ HP AC Chain Drive Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener|
|8164W||½ HP AC Chain Drive Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener|
||½ HP AC Chain Drive Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener|
|8160W||DC Chain Drive Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener|
|8165W||½ HP AC Chain Drive Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener|
|8010||DC Chain/Cable Drive Garage Door Opener|
|8360WLB||DC Battery Backup Chain Drive Wi-Fi|
|8580WLB||Elite Series DC Battery Backup Chain Drive WiFi Garage Door Opener|
Chain drive garage openers are strong, affordable, reliable, and a good choice in hot, humid climates where belt drives can be prone to malfunctioning.
LiftMaster produces 11 chain drive garage door openers, all with WiFi and Smart technology. Four models are equipped with battery back-up. There is a mix of models with AC and DC motors.
The prices are based on the type of motor, whether they include battery back-up, the included features, and the warranty offered.
LiftMaster Chain Drive Garage Door Opener Reviews
LiftMaster is a premium garage door opener. If you’re on a tighter budget, consider Chamberlain garage door openers – a sister company to LiftMaster.
Here are the LiftMaster garage door opener prices for chain drive models. You might say they are produced in basic, better and best series in terms of quality, power, features and cost.
- Price Range: $200 – $400
- Drive: Chain
- Motor: AC & DC Options
- Lift Power: ½ & ¾ HP AC motors; DC motors rated to lift up to 750 lbs.
- Smart/WiFi: All models have built-in WiFi and many work with smart technology like Amazon Key that allows you to open the door remotely to allow for deliveries and for contractors and friends to enter. The LiftMaster myQ app gives you full control of the opener on your smart device.
- Battery Back-Up: 4 models.
- Features: All models come with a combination of features including car visor remote, wall-mount control panel, wireless keypad, and one model includes soft start/stop function. Bright lighting up to 2,000 lumens are included in most models, and they deliver what LiftMaster calls “corner to corner lighting” for security and visibility when entering the garage. None of the models in the chain-driven line are equipped with cameras.
- Warranties: LiftMaster has some of the best warranties available – Lifetime on the motor, 5 years on the chain and parts and 1 year on batteries in backup units.
LiftMaster Belt Drive Garage Door Opener Prices
LiftMaster belt-drive garage door opener cost ranges from $300 to $600. The LiftMaster belt drive opener price for best-selling models is around $375 to $425 based on features and where you buy it.
|LiftMaster Belt Drive Garage Door Openers|
|Model Number||Description & Features|
|87504-267||Secure View™ Ultra-Quiet Belt Drive Smart Opener with Camera, LED Corner to Corner Lighting™ and Battery Backup|
|84501||Ultra-Quiet Belt Drive Smart Opener with Dual LED Lighting|
|8155W||½ HP AC Belt Drive Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener|
|85503-267||Secure View™ DC Battery Backup Belt Drive Wi-Fi® Garage Door Opener|
|8550WLB||DC Battery Backup Belt Drive Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener|
|8355W||½ HP AC Belt Drive Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener|
|WLED||DC Battery Backup Belt Drive LED Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener|
Belt drive garage openers are known for their smooth and quiet operation, particularly when compared to chain drive garage openers, making them ideal for garages next to a bedroom. They can also open and close the garage door faster than other types of garage door openers.
LiftMasters belt drive openers offer the widest range of features, many more than the chain or wall-mount direct drive models. The belts are all made of rubber which is reinforced with steel and all models come with a 7’ belt. If you have an 8’ or 10’ door, you will need to purchase an extension kit, available on the LiftMaster website.
LiftMaster Belt Drive Garage Door Opener Reviews
LiftMaster manufacturers 7 belt drive models all featuring WiFi and Smart technology and 1 with an integrated camera. Models range from ½ to ¾ horsepower, many offer battery back-up, and all but two basic models come with a soft start and stop feature. Below we provide all of the details
The prices are based on the type of motor, whether the model includes battery back-up, and the combination of features available with each model.
- Price range: $300 – $600 (MSRP)
- Drive: Belt
- Motor: 5 models are equipped with DC motors, and 2 have AC motors.
- Lift Power: ½ HP AC motors. The DC motors lift up to 700 lbs.
- Features: All feature Wi-Fi with Smart technology. Several are equipped with LiftMaster’s “corner-to-corner” lighting and 1,500 to 2,000 lumens.
- Battery Back-Up: 2 models
- Features: All models come with a combination of features including car visor remote, wall-mount control panel, wireless keypad, and soft start/stop function. Two premium LiftMaster belt drive garage door openers include cameras that begin recording when motion is detected. One allows for two-way voice communication using the LiftMaster myQ app.Live video streaming on premium openers allows you to watch deliveries take place or view contractors or kids coming and going in real time.
- Warranties: The motors and belts for all models have a Lifetime warranty. Parts warranties are 1 year to 5 years. Accessories such as cameras are covered for 1 year.
LiftMaster Wall-Mount Direct Drive Garage Door Opener Prices
LiftMaster wall mount garage door opener cost is $500 to $575 from most reliable sellers, though it’s not uncommon to find them priced above $600.
|LiftMaster Wall Mounted Garage Door Openers
|Model Number||Description & Features|
|8500W||DC Battery Backup Wall Mount Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener|
|8500||DC Battery Backup Capable Wall Mount Garage Door Opener|
What is a wall-mount garage door opener? If you’ve got a garage with a very high or irregular ceiling, or just want to maintain your garage ceiling storage space, a wall-mount garage door opener would be a good choice. They’re mounted on the wall next to the garage door and use a direct drive to open and close the door. Direct drive, wall-mounted openers are not suitable for extremely heavy garage doors.
LiftMaster Wall Mount Garage Door Opener Reviews
LiftMaster produces 2 direct drive wall-mount garage door openers with DC motors. These models are the same except the more expensive unit includes battery backup, a feature you might want to consider if your area has frequent power outages.
- Price range: $500 – $600+
- Drive: Direct
- Motor: Both models are equipped with DC motors.
- Features: Standard features are WiFi and Smart technology that is compatible with Amazon Key and some smart home systems like HomeLink. The light is 1,500 Lumens. LiftMaster’s Automatic Garage Door Lock deadbolts your door after closing.
- Battery Back-Up: 1 model
- Warranties: The motor has a Lifetime warranty. Parts are covered for five years.
LiftMaster Garage Door Opener Features
Here is a closer look at many of the features you will find on many or most LiftMaster garage door openers.
WiFi and/or Smart Technology
All of the LiftMaster smart garage door openers feature built-in Wi-Fi and are compatible with the myQ App. With myQ, you can receive alerts, open and close the door, and sync with other smart devices. They’re also compatible with Key by Amazon and HomeLink.
Secure View is LiftMaster’s camera package which includes an integrated video camera that can be manually tilted and rotated 360° to provide the best view of your garage. The camera features a glare resistant, night vision lens with the ability to adjust to any light level and provides HD-quality live-stream or recorded video, although there is a storage fee for the recorded video.
This package also includes 2-way audio allowing you real time communication between your smart phone and your garage.
LiftMaster Garage Door Opener Accessories
You can find many useful accessories on the LiftMaster website including a wireless motion alert, smart LED lights, belt and chain extension kits for 8-foot and 10-foot doors, a variety of remote controls, keypads, smart converter kits, and replacement parts.
The LiftMaster Smart Garage Camera can be added to many of the company’s garage door openers.
When your garage door opener includes a camera, you have the option of purchasing a 7-day or 30-day video storage subscription from LiftMaster.
LiftMaster Website Videos
The LiftMaster website provides a number of helpful videos including assembling and installing your garage door opener, setting up the Secure View camera, programming the wireless keypad, and safety testing your garage door system.
Here are common questions regarding the LiftMaster openers.
What kinds of garage doors do LiftMaster openers work with?
They are a good choice for any overhead garage door.
How much does it cost to have a garage door opener professionally installed?
The average cost to have a garage door installed by a professional is $280 but the cost can range from $150 to $425 depending on the type of opener and the complexity of the job. If you purchase the opener at a big box store ask if they have installation services. Often their installers charge very reasonable prices.
What’s the difference between a belt and a chain drive garage door opener?
Both openers use a trolley that is attached to a metal bar which is attached to the garage door. The trolley is part of either a rubber belt or a metal chain. The motor moves either the rubber belt or the chain pulling the trolley to open the door and pushing the trolley to close the door.
How much is the LiftMaster video storage subscription?
Currently, the 7-day storage subscription is $3 per month or $30 per year. The 30-day plan is $10 per month or $100 per year.
What should I look for in a garage door opener?
Our Garage Door Opener Buying Guide is a good resource for selecting the right garage door opener for your situation.
How long do garage door openers last?
Garage door openers typically last between 10 and 15 years.
How much lift power do I need?
- ½ HP will lift up to 350 lbs. such as a standard size aluminum or steel door
- ¾ HP will lift up to 600 lbs. such as an oversized or insulated steel door
- 1 ¼ HP will lift over 750lbs. such as an oversized solid wood door
LiftMaster and Chamberlain garage door openers are made by the same company. What’s the difference?
Both brands are owned by the Chamberlain Group. LiftMaster garage door opener prices are higher – it is considered something of a premium brand while Chamberlain garage door openers are priced to be more affordable.